A suburban community in Tarrant County, Texas, in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex, Keller (30 miles from Corinth) is home to approximately 60,000 people. Approximately 39,627 people live in Keller, making it the 74th most populous city in the state of Texas, according to the most recent census.
As of the first of July, the most recent population estimate was 47,213 people. Keller was founded in the early 1850s by settlers, and it eventually became a stop on the Texas and Pacific Railway.
Keller's proximity to the Trinity River water supply and its plenty of agriculture prompted the settlers to establish themselves in the area surrounding the wooded region. Keller was officially established as a corporation on November 16, 1955.
Keller is primarily residential, with more than 300 acres of developed land, 11 park sites, and more than 26 miles of hiking and bike trails. Keller is a residential community with a lot of green space.
Keller can be found in northeast Tarrant County, on the western edge of the Eastern Cross Timbers, where the Peters Colony immigrants arrived in the 1840s. Keller is part of the Peters Colony frontier.
Read more: Southlake in close vicinity of Corinth
The area was first colonized in the mid-1840s by a group of Missouri families who homesteaded near the headwaters of Big Bear Creek. This was the beginning of the development of the area. Mount Gilead Baptist Church was formed on July 13, 1850, in the town of Mount Gilead.
A raid by Indians resulted in the destruction of the small log church in 1859. For a period of time, it was the only school in that portion of the county, until approximately 1910.
Because of the two big springs that are located around 12 miles north of Mt. Gilead Baptist Church, the area became known as 'Double Springs.' Early in the nineteenth century, the Double Springs area was home to a cotton gin, a grist mill, a blacksmith shop, and a number of businesses.
Keller was the site of an artesian well that was sunk in 1896. Over time, the Double Springs were clogged with silt, and were eventually plugged and lost until they were rediscovered in 1984. Samantha Springs now produces more than 200,000 gallons of water every day, according to the company.
The Texas & Pacific Railway between Fort Worth and Texarkana was completed in 1881 with the first train running on this track on May 9, 1881. The railroad ran parallel to parts of the old Chisom cattle drive trail. With the advent of rail service, new villages were established all along the line. The Keller of today was one of them.
Right Foam Insulation Services of Corinth