Frisco is a city in the Texas state of the United States, located in Collin and Denton counties. Because it is a part of the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex, it is approximately 25 miles (40 kilometers) away from both Dallas Love Field and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (and 20 miles from Corinth).
The city had a population of 116,989 people at the time of the 2010 census, and it will have a population of 207,748 people by the 2020 census.
During the period 2000 to 2009, Frisco was the fastest-growing city in the United States, and it had previously been the fastest-growing city in the country.
The northern DFW suburban development tide reached the northern edge of Plano and spilled over into Frisco in the late 1990s, igniting a period of fast growth that continued into the 2000s. Frisco is like many other suburbs outside of Dallas which act as "bedroom towns" for people who work in the city.
The National Arbor Day Foundation has designated Frisco as Tree City USA since 2003, marking the city's commitment to environmental conservation. Frisco Independent School District is renowned for its students' high achievements.
A large number of American pioneers walked via the Shawnee Trail to settle the Dallas area when it was first inhabited by European settlers in the 1800s. The Preston Trail, and later Preston Road, were named for this trail.
As a result of all of this activity, the settlement of Lebanon was established along the trail, and it was awarded a post office by the United States government in 1860. During the construction of the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway through the area in 1902, it was necessary to provide frequent watering stops along the route for the steam engines.
Read more: Trophy Club Suburb Community near Corinth
The railroad was completed in 1903. The past settlement of Lebanon was on a ridge that was too high. In order to avoid that problem, the watering stop had to be relocated 4 miles west, to lower ground. This train station became the center of a little village.
In fact, several people of Lebanon built log houses and transported them to the new village on their backs. The new town was originally named Emerson, but the United States Postal Service rejected the name because it sounded too similar to the name of another town in Texas, which was rejected.
The name "Frisco City" was chosen by the town's people in 1904 in honor of the St. Louis–San Francisco Railway. After some time, the name was abbreviated to Frisco.
Later, in 1978, the first season of Dallas was filmed at Frisco's Cloyce Box Ranch (now the Brinkmann Ranch), where the house on site was used as the Ewing family home.
This house was renovated and burned down in 1987. The steel of the stand still stands on today's Brinkmann Ranch which is now the largest estate in Frisco. The Snow Cone Lady is a local business that first opened its doors in 1983.
Every summer since its inception, owner Mary Mathis has been offering ice cream to the surrounding community. The striking coat of arms of Frisco is based on the logo of the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company.